Home » CBD
Category Archives: CBD
Cannabidiol: A Brief Background
A cousin of cannabis/marijuana, the CBD (Cannabidiol) is still considered illegal in some countries. The means of consuming it has been deemed controversial. However, both unpublished and published medical journals further support its effectiveness in treating some harsh chronic illnesses. In fact, claims from both recognized and unrecognized medical sources suggest that CBD can treat cancer.
To synthesize various medical claims about its cancer-treating potency, it can be further deduced that CBD and other cannabis therapies reinforce cancer treatments. If you look closely into this angle, you would understand that there is more to it than meets the eye.
- It does not treat directly, but effectively strengthens the effect of the therapy to the cancer cells.
- Its main help is strongly felt when chemotherapy is ongoing. Based on experience, the effects of chemotherapy are utterly unpleasant. And CBD happens to dull these effects to an extent. In a sense, it reinforces the therapy by downing its side effects.
- It instantly blocks the effects of pain and nausea. How? It deals with the brain’s CB2 receptors, the receptors responsible for transmitting pain sensation to the brain.
- Unlike tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) it does not make you “stoned”. So, using it would nevertheless feel normal for most cancer patients.
- It works with the least side effects (although it does have its side effects).
The Side-Effects of CBD include:
- Cotton-mouth sensation
- Loss of Appetite
So, Does it CBD Really Fight Cancer?
For years now, experts are still looking for a more solid link between CBD and cancer. What we know of so far is that there is “high fighting promise”, like what is seen of the Royal CBD strand. But still, in the medico-science standard, more studies are to be conducted.
In the right time, in sync with the widespread mobilization, control and legalization of cannabis medicine, we should be able to come up with a direct answer to such a direct question, “Does CBD fight cancer?”